Please watch both videos to learn how to properly set up your Hotronix Fusion heat press.
At the end of this lesson, the learner will be able to:
- Identify how and where to plug in their Hotronix Fusion heat press.
- Identify where the on/off switch is located on the Hotronix Fusion heat press.
- Calibrate the pressure on the Hotronix Fusion heat press, using the recommended settings.
- Calibrate the temperature on the Hotronix Fusion heat press using the attached Heat Press Test Kit instructions and/or the digital probe video. (*Note: If you do not have the heat press test strips, skip this step for a later date. The temperature should have been calibrated in the factory).
- Create custom presets for the EZ Peel One Step paper and EZ Peel Two Step paper.
Please pay attention, as there will be a 15 question quiz at the end of the lesson based on the proper heat press settings needed for the DFX process (Marry, Transfer, Finish).
When finished viewing the video(s), please press “Mark Complete“ below the video(s). Clicking “Mark Complete” will track your progress through the course. You can still come back to the lesson even after marking complete.
For best results, use full-screen mode when viewing the video(s).
The video below will take you through the steps of calibrating the temperature on your Hotronix Fusion heat press using the heat probe. While the probe is not included in the standard DFX package, you can purchase one from Colman & Company HERE.
If you prefer to use the included heat press test strips instead of purchasing the probe, refer to the instructions found here: Heat Press Test Kit Directions
Your heat press should come pre-calibrated prior to shipping, but you will know if your heat press temperature calibration is off if you run into the following issues:
- Unsuccessful marry step.
- Unsuccessful use of the EZ Peel One Step paper.
Overtime, the heat press can come out of sync, so the support team recommends checking it once every 3-4 months to ensure the temperature is still calibrated correctly.